We have extended the Call For Posters for EWA2020 to 20 December 2019.
Engaging with Web Archives: ‘Opportunities, Challenges and Potentialities’, (#EWA20), 15-16 April 2020, Maynooth University Arts and Humanities Institute, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
Maynooth University Arts and Humanities Institute are delighted to be hosting the first #EWA conference which aims to:
- raise awareness for the use of web archives and the archived web for research and education across a broad range of disciplines and professions in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Political Science, Media Studies, Information Science, Computer Science and more;
- foster collaborations between web archiving initiatives, researchers, educators and IT professionals;
- highlight how the development of the internet and the web is intricately linked to the history of the 1990s.
Under the general theme of ‘Opportunities, Challenges and Potentialities’, we invite submissions posters. We especially encourage submissions by students, early career researchers, and early career professionals from Ireland and the world.
- Posters (A2 portrait) c.300 words without bibliography
Please submit your abstract and details using this form XX (closed)
Topics may include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Importance of web archives as resources for the preservation of social, cultural, political, economic, and legal heritage;
- Web histories and internet histories;
- Value of web archives as resources for research in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Political Science, Media Studies, Information Science, Computer Science and more;
- Using web archives as resources for teaching;
- Methodologies for working with web archives for qualitative and quantitative research;
- Exploring technologies for working with archived web content (e.g. topic modelling, textual/sentiment analysis; hyperlink analysis);
- Case studies using archived web content;
- Challenges in the use of web archives (e.g. search); and in the use of archived web content (e.g. WARCs);
- Challenges for creating and maintaining web archives;
- Opportunities for collaboration in the development of web archive collections;
- And More……
Call Closes: 20 December 2019
Call Decisions: Early-January 2019
If you require more information or have any questions please feel free to email us: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: