#EWA invites Postgrads & Early Career Researchers
The EWA committee welcomingly invites abstracts from Postgrads & ECRs to deliver a long paper (12-minute presentation) or short paper (6 minute presentation) on any of the Topics! below.
Hypothetical or Real-world examples of using DH tools and methods
- For archiving web content for research or curation
- For collecting data from web archives
- For analysing archived web content as data
- For big data analysis on archived web content
- For organising research data derived from archived web content (WA data derivatives)
- For preparing WA data derivatives for long-term preservation and/or reuse
Postgrads/ ECRs have the option to submit long or short papers:
- Postgrad/ECR: Long Paper (12 minute presentation) c.400 words
- Postgrad/ECR: Short Paper (6 minute presentation) c.300 words
- Call for Postgrad & ECR abstract submissions is Open: 20 April 2021
- Deadline for Postgrad & ECR abstract submissions: 28 June 2021
To submit an Abstract please go to Call for Papers: #EWA invites Postgrads and Early Career Researchers.
Final Presentations should be submitted in a pre-recorded MP4 video at least 10 days before the final delivery date. There will be an option to upload the recorded presentations to the EWA YouTube channel after the presentation. For more information on #EWA4DH presentation dates/times, please see the #EWA4DH Schedule.
WARCnet are kindly sponsoring the Postgrad/ECR awards for the following categories:
- BEST Postgrad/ECR research paper
- BEST Postgrad/ECR novel paper
The voting for this will be done by nominated individuals each evening. There will be a splash/video announcement of the winners on EWA Twitter/ EWA website after the final series.